Who can profit from hpc?
From a small company that specialises in special effects for movies to big automotive companies, HPC can benefit a lot of companies who somehow need to process large amount of data or run huge calculations. For orientation, please find below a list of application examples.
What do we offer?
- Problem solving by means of simulation or data analysis / artificial intelligence
- Advice on choosing the right hardware architecture for the simulation or data analysis problem
- Provision of resources on high-performance computers
- Parallelisation and optimisation of software on the selected hardware architecture
- Advice on setting up and operating your own cluster systems and cloud computing
- Advice and support on applying for public funding, especially for small and medium-sized companies
- Setup and operation of energy-efficient high-performance computers up to exascale level
- Classical simulation methods such as computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element structural analysis
- High-performance data analysis (Big Data Analytics), artificial intelligence
- Performance analysis and optimisation of software codes on different homogeneous or heterogeneous architectures
Examples of companies that are already working successfully with HPC can be found here!
- JSC supports Tennet in modelling power grids (German)
- SWR develops music recommendation software with HLRS
- How HLRS is strengthening Computional Engineering
- HLRS visualisation supports the construction of Stuttgart 21
- HLRS researchers support the design of the MULTI Elevator System
- After winning the HPC Innovation Excellence Award, "Maya the Bee" continues to fly.
- More success stories from the FF4EuroHPC project